- We strive to provide complete care for our patients. Learn more about all the services we provide.
Welcome to Hess Chiropractic
Your Eugene Chiropractor
For more information or to schedule an appointment, call 541-844-4070.
I am happy to announce that beginning June 18, 2018 Dr. Kirstin Riutta, DC will be taking over my practice. I've had the honor and pleasure of guiding many people out of pain and to health. Now it is time for me to pursue other endeavors. I'm delighted to have found 'Dr. Kirstin'. Her practice style is similar to mine and you will be well served. Please make an appointment before the end of June to see me and meet Dr. Kirstin. In health, Jen Hess, DC
Jennifer Hess, DC, MPH, PhD has been in private chiropractic practice for 27 years. "I treat musculoskeletal pain and injury, including muscle strains and ligament sprains, disc injuries, headaches, neck and back pain, and TMJ."
"In my practice I review the functional causes of pain and discomfort. In addition to orthopedic and neurological tests, I evaluate posture and gait and review work and home activities to identify the root causes of pain and injury. These frequently result from muscle imbalances which develop over time." Care is comprehensive and includes tailored exercises for rehabilitation and prevention.
Dr. Hess has been the chair of the Peer Review Board for the Oregon Board of Chiropractic Examiners since 2013. Since 2002, she has been faculty at University of Oregon Labor Education and Research Center where she conducts research to prevent work-related injuries.
Dr. Hess assists people of all ages from birth through older adults.
Types of injuries include:
- Acute injuries such as strains, sprains, tendonitis and disc injuries
- Neck, mid back and lower back pain
- Headaches due to muscle tension or migraines
- TMJ and jaw pain
- Pain or numbness in the arms and legs and,
- Chronic pain that has lasted longer than 2 months
- Ergonomic and work related issues
Techniques: Dr. Hess uses to treat injuries to muscles and nerves and restore health include:
- Traditional chiropractic adjusting techniques such as Diversified and Thompson Drop Table Technique
- Gentler techniques such as Activator
- Strain-Counter- Strain, and Muscle Energy Techniques
- Graston Technique for rehabilitating soft tissues www.grastontechnique.com
- Deep tissue massage
- Tailored rehabilitative exercises
Office Hours: Monday 12:00-5:00 pm; Tuesday & Thursday 9:00-5:30; Friday 9:00-1:00.
PERSONALIZED SERVICE: Get your questions answered by the doc! Call my office and I will return your call myself. Find out if my care is right for you!
Dr. Hess is a preferred provider with: Blue Cross Blue Shield, MODA, Pacific Source, Aetna, Cigna and other insurers. Dr. Hess accepts Providence, Medicare, workers compensation, and motor vehicle accident claims. Dr. Riutta takes all these insurances plus Providence and American Specialty Health.
Dr. Jennifer Hess
Eugene Chiropractor | Hess Chiropractic | 541-844-4070
1907 Garden Ave., Ste 102
Eugene, OR 97403